Thursday, October 13, 2022

Varnish Boat Tiller

varnish boat tiller

The video covers the removal, stripping and re-varnishing of the tiller on my 23ft ranger sailboat. i also add a forespar twist-lock 27-48"adjustable tiller extension for easier single handed sailing.. When the tiller starts to look cloudy i swap out and take the. ugly one back for a quick sand and varnish. then i set it somewhere i can see it every day because i like pretty tillers and even when i am sailing, i never look at the tiller that is mounted on the boat. i hate cetol. fucking ugly.. Figuring i had nothing to lose, i decided to follow the advice on the list, and attempt to strip down and varnish my tiller. i was astonished at the results. if raz's work rates a 10, and rummy's is a 9, then mine would be a 7. when the tiller arrived from general boats its varnish rated a 2..

Mr Mooring Line holder - cu41001

Mr mooring line holder - cu41001

Lonestar Omega -- "Aegir"

Lonestar omega -- "aegir"

varnish boat tiller I recommend varnish alone. it takes five minutes or less to recoat a tiller after three minutes of sanding. chipping will occur with any coating including two part coatings. varnish alone is easiest to repair in such a case.. I used an ida sailor tiller made for a hunter 25.5 to upgrade my h15's tiller. i ordered it with their 4 coat of varnish option and then added 4 more coats myself. as i keep my boat in my driveway i remove the tiller after every sail..